Our tie is made to measure, you choose:
– the construction: 3, 5 or 7 plies
– the dimensions: width (3, 3.15, 3.35 and 3.5 inches) and length (58, 59 or others)
If you wish to have your initials embroidered, you will be able to specify them on the order page.
3, 5 or 7 plies ?
3 plies: a tie folded three times on itself. This is the lightest variation because less material is used. This is a good solution if you choose a thicker material.
5 plies: an intermediate construction, which will hold better but is still quite light. There is a little more material, and always a woollen interlining to give consistency to the whole.
7 plies: they are entirely made from the shell of the tie, folded and folded on itself. They are therefore completely free of interlinings. The hand and the fall obtained thanks to this construction are sublime.
Choose the right length and width of the tie:
For length, three criteria are taken into account:
– your heights
– your favorite pants: and how you wear them (high or normal size?)
– the style you want: for a classic business wear you will have a small panel that comes to the same length as the big one, while for a more sartorial style you will let the small panel exceed the big one.
And for width, here’s what you need to consider:
– your build: 7.5 to 8 if you’re thinner, more if you’re taller.
– your wardrobe: the width of your tie should be proportional to the width of your jacket lapels and shirt collar.
Note that it is possible to be thin and wear a suit with wide lapels, an imposing shirt collar and a tie 8.5 or even 9 cm wide. However, the opposite is strictly not recommended.
Patterns and style tips
The silk grenadine is a rare weaving because it can only be made on old looms dating from the 17th century. It is the most luxurious weaving, as it is made by two workshops in Como.
It is one of the most complicated weaves to produce because the production is slow (because it is done on old machines) and you also have to match the triplets (otherwise you would see them through the weave).
They always remain unlined so you will be able to see slightly through the weave, if you look closely (it is extremely rare to see silk grenadine ties without lining, connoisseurs at large will appreciate you for sure).
This is the perfect weave for a business context, thanks to which you will be able to add a subtle touch of texture to your outfit on our sober ties, plain or two-tone.