Our tie is made to measure, you choose:
– the construction: 3, 5 or 7 plies
– the dimensions: width (3, 3.15, 3.35 and 3.5 inches) and length (58, 59 or others)
If you wish to have your initials embroidered, you will be able to specify them on the order page.
3, 5 or 7 plies ?
3 plies: a tie folded three times on itself. This is the lightest variation because less material is used. This is a good solution if you choose a thicker material.
5 plies: an intermediate construction, which will hold better but is still quite light. There is a little more material, and always a woollen interlining to give consistency to the whole.
7 plies: they are entirely made from the shell of the tie, folded and folded on itself. They are therefore completely free of interlinings. The hand and the fall obtained thanks to this construction are sublime.
Choose the right length and width of the tie:
For length, three criteria are taken into account:
– your heights
– your favorite pants: and how you wear them (high or normal size?)
– the style you want: for a classic business wear you will have a small panel that comes to the same length as the big one, while for a more sartorial style you will let the small panel exceed the big one.
And for width, here’s what you need to consider:
– your build: 7.5 to 8 if you’re thinner, more if you’re taller.
– your wardrobe: the width of your tie should be proportional to the width of your jacket lapels and shirt collar.
Note that it is possible to be thin and wear a suit with wide lapels, an imposing shirt collar and a tie 8.5 or even 9 cm wide. However, the opposite is strictly not recommended.
Style and pattern tips
Like a classic striped tie
The interesting thing about Shantung silk is that the irregularities are difficult for beginners to notice, so it can look like a classic tie in a work environment, as long as the rest of your outfit is a little sober.
It is not about silly white stripes either: they go in groups of three, in order to bring a touch of originality (but without overloading the piece).